Saturday, February 27, 2010






The other day I made chocolate mousse and cupcakes ... and new recipe for Devil's Food cupcakes which are out of this world (not that I ate any but everyone loved them)....

I made a frosting that was also a new recipe... They were "perfect!" I spent yesterday afternoon in town, "giving away" my cupcakes to local workers in different stores/restaurants... The people at the Sushi Shop really LOVE ME and sometimes offer me a free this or that as a nice gesture...Even the woman who manages a really nice and cute kitchen utensil store offered me a little gift when I went there to say hello and gave her a cupcake and cake ball... She and I chatted for about 20 minutes as she didn't have any clients to help...

Then I went to the chocolatier on the same street... and gave some of the girls there a few cupcakes and cake balls... It's so nice how people respond is such a positive manner when I give away my baked goods! Which is one of the reasons WHY I love to do it... Just to see people enjoy them!!!

Anyhow... it's nothing new for me, as I did this about every week in San Diego... giving away my baked goods to everyone and making more friends along the way... Funny how food does that to people!! They always say, "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach." There should be an equal expression for making friends like, "Make a friend over a cupcake or a brownie!"

Anyhow... I enjoy giving away my things almost as much as I enjoy baking them!!!

2 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious! i bet the people receiving these beauties were happy :)

Leesa said...

Hey there SD!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a nice comment!! Nice to see you here!! Ciao!